EXERCISE & REHABILITATION CLASSES
• Improve your health, fitness and stamina
• Decrease your risk of heart failure and chronic diseases of lifestyle such as diabetes, high blood pressure and stroke
• Supervised sessions according to your fitness level and health status
What is Cardiac Rehabilitation?
The BodyKinetics cardiac rehabilitation program consists of 12 weeks of exercise and education that helps you improve your fitness, stamina and overall health. It helps you decrease your risk for heart failure and other chronic diseases of lifestyle like diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, as well as stroke.
There are 2 main parts to the program:
Guided Exercise sessions
Each session in the program comprises of cardiovascular exercise. The program is designed to start at a level that you can handle and then build you up gradually over time. During each session, your heart rate, blood pressure as well as oxygen saturation levels are measured to ensure that you exercise safely and according to your ability or prescribed intensity levels.
The education part of the program teaches you:
• The importance of exercise and how to do it safely
• How to measure your blood pressure and heart rate
• Goal setting and recovery after surgery
• Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (C.P.R)
• How to use a defibrillator
• When to seek help
The program will comprise of three stages:
• A sub-maximal physical work capacity cycle test
• A sub-maximal ECG recording
• Heart Rate and Heart Rate response to exercise recording
• Blood Pressure and Blood Pressure response to exercise recording
• Oxygen Saturation levels recording
• Rate of Perceived Exertion (R.P.E) recording
12 Week Exercise Classes
• 45 minutes of monitored indoor cycling sessions
• 2x sessions per week
• Measurement recorded as per Initial Assessment for comparison
What happens after I finish my Cardiac Rehabilitation Program?
It is very important that you continue to exercise after finishing your rehabilitation program or you will lose the benefit you have gained. Fortunately, you will have gained valuable information on how to continue exercising safely on your own should you wish to do so. However, it is advisable to join our other CardioSpin or Move classes so you can continue with your progress and exercise safely while being monitored.
This program will cost €750 and will include the cost of your own QardioArm wireless blood pressure monitor and Polar H7/H10 Heart Rate monitor required to participate in the program.